Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Legends of the Forsaken Empire: Theme



At What Cost?
    


One of the first pieces I wrote for publication, and undoubtedly, the most widely distributed--many years ago--was included in The Women's Devotional Bible, Classic version, and made its debut in Regal's bestseller, A Moment A Day. I wrote under my pen name, at that time, Elizabeth Larson. (Sound familiar?)

My devotional, Counting the Cost, pondered the debt modern believers owe to courageous women--and men--throughout history, who risked and often sacrificed their own lives to preserve freedoms to read the Scriptures. According to a medieval bishop, women, and men, who "make themselves so wise by the Bible" were dangerous, and worthy of absolute scorn. 

Why am I returning to this devotional from my earliest writings?

Because it's the main theme of the Legends of the Forsaken Empire series.

This book, these ancient scriptures, wield power even in our modern times. And possessing those scriptures and reading them freely comes with a cost.

Are we willing to pay the price?

My Legends of the Forsaken Empire characters must ultimately decide for themselves.

Blessings, dear everyone, and celebrate your freedoms as you read your favorite verses.


No comments: