Sunday, July 05, 2020

Waiting and ...

Each month this year, I've held off writing a blog post, thinking that SOON, any day, I'd receive word that the next book in the Legends of the Forsaken Empire series will hit the shelves--virtual and otherwise. Unfortunately, the unspecified technical glitch that's hindering the publishing process continues.

So I wait.

Am I going nuts? Yes. And no.
Calligraphy Practice While Waiting

Yes, because I feel as if I'm losing my writing momentum. This more-than-a-year-long wait has dragged at my creative flow like a wet blanket in a humid climate, smothering all initiative and sense of purpose. I didn't realize I'd become so dependent upon the completed cycle of publishing. Yet I am.

And no, because it's been a learning experience. A time to remind myself of discipline, study, and vigilance. Discipline to write during all available hours. Study, intentional study, to keep my sense of wonder and curiosity fresh. Vigilance to remain focused in faith and life. Waiting works too, with purpose. Prayer. And gratitude.

I'm grateful to you all for being there. For encouraging notes I've received. Thank you, dear everyone, and remain safe. I'm praying for you as well during this long, unwantedly eventful, memorable year. Despite everything I could say about this wait and this year, the Lord is GOOD. Always. More news SOON!




No comments: