Saturday, April 07, 2018

Realm of Thorns, First Draft DONE!



Celebrating!




A Novella is born--thus far ;)


This week, I finished Realm of Thorns, the novella-backstory to my next series--Legends of the Forsaken Empire. For once, my attempt at a novella remained novella-size, coming in just under 33,000 words. Not bad! However, I'm approaching the second draft full of ideas for add-ins as I polish and refine the story, so I shouldn't congratulate myself yet.

 Wish me blessings, guys!

Meanwhile, here's a tiny hint of this mini-novel:
Reckoning has come. Khelqua, the crown of the Syvlande Empire has been destroyed. The royal house of Khelqua lies drowned beneath a prophesied destruction of its vast river valley, leaving an ocean of dead waters. Khelqua's ancient royal lineage now rests with two siblings, who have lost their family, their fortunes, and the realm that defines their existence.





2 comments:

Lavay said...

Can't wait!!!!

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

Thank you, Lavay!
I'm looking forward to finishing this series. :D