Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Brewing Up New Ideas

Calming? Not exactly.

NOTE: Don't be deceived by the tranquil pink tea in my cup. It's Angel Falls Mist tea, which inspired the revered tisane Serena brewed just before her epic clash with *unnamed villain* in Queen.

[Post Begins]
This evening, I completed the first draft of book one in The Forsaken Empire series. Finally! Celebrate with me!

It's been an unexpectedly tough write--one of my longest ever--and I'm counting on considerable trimming and polishing during my second draft. The manuscript currently measures a hefty 133,358 words. Yes, it's a new personal record that deserves to be shaved down to a manageable size.But I'm pausing for tea and a day off.

To allow ideas to brew.

Not only do I need to think through the cuts and revisions I've been pondering, but I need to consider a possible prequel novella that sneaked into my dreams just before I woke up two days ago.

Do I seriously want to take on a novella in the midst of a new series? Would you?
 
Hence the tea and a day off.

6 comments:

Polaris Northstar said...

Eeeeeee!!!!!! I'm SO excited!

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

Polaris Northstar, I'm praying-PRAYING that I can bring it close to the storyline that's in my imagination! And trim it down in size. :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read it when i's done! Although right now I'm re-reading Realms of the Infinite (I just finished Queen a few days ago) and I still need to look into purchasing the Genesis Trilogy. Looks like I will be plenty occupied until it's published!

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

Cipher, I Just love your name!!!!! You and Polaris Northstar--so awesome!!!
Hope you enjoyed Queen; I had so much fun writing that one. (Battle scenes excluded. ;) The Genesis Trilogy might be available in a nearby library for you too!

Unknown said...

Ha ha thanks! No one's ever said that to me before.

I enjoyed it very much! Especially when Serena cut Siyrsun's throat! (Oops, spoiler) That was very satisfying. :)

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

Cipher! (SMH at the spoiler.) Hey, happy reading day!