Tuesday, August 14, 2007


As an avid reader rapidly approaching the bifocal age, I’m delighted to announce book 1 in The Genesis Trilogy, THE HEAVENS BEFORE, is now available in large-print, hardcover. Thorndike Press has given my “baby” a makeover and I’m enjoying the new look. Let me know what you think! Blessings, Kacy Barnett-Gramckow

P.S. Interested in a sample read? Here’s the Prologue:

The Heavens Before

The ancient tree of Havah stood in solitary splendor in a vast field, its pale green-leafed branches drooping softly, curtainlike, inviting passersby to come rest in the shade. It was said that Havah, Mother of All, had planted the tree after the untimely death of her favorite son, Hebel. The tree was not meant as a memorial to Hebel, but as a tranquil place where Havah might sit with her surviving children and nurture them through the remaining ages of her life.
If Havah had planted the tree herself or if she had not, it no longer mattered. For Havah and her children had passed into legend. Most people now doubted that Havah had ever lived. But the doubters were the ones who did not sit beneath the tree or climb its massive branches and listen to its leaves sighing in the quiet breeze beneath the rose-colored sky.
The doubters were also the ones who failed to recognize the countless signs about them, the marks of a young planet still resounding with the echoes of its creation. But the echoes themselves were becoming more discordant with each passing day. For the doubters were consuming the world with their own restlessness and destroying it with the violence of their desires.

7 comments:

Eliana Hephzibah said...

Hi Kacy,

I just finished reading your trilogy and loved it. I see you did your homework in some pretty obscure places. The story of Shem and the fate of Nimrod to be specific. I was raised in a family/community system who proudly claims heritage from this proud character and the Most High liberated me from that and graciously took me into his kingdom.

I especially identified with the forced pagan worship inflicted on Keren and Shoshanna. I've been there, but with much more nightmarish memories.

Thank you for bringing this time of history to life.

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

Eliana, thank you! Wow . . . your family history is fascinating. I'd love to e-hear more.

I pray the Lord blesses you with His peace and joy :)

k.

Eliana Hephzibah said...

Hi Kacy,

If you have an email addy handy, I will tell you more. Thank you for asking. Actually, most Christians don't want to hear about my history. My story is all about evil, but I think that is all people see. But if they would listen and learn it is about much more than that. It is about how God reaches into the darkest and least likely of places and plucks a little girl out of all encompassing darkness and sets her on HIS path. I think it is hard for the Church to deal with evil so they just choose not to. People like me belong either quiet or sequestered into a support group with our own kind. At least that is the message I get.

Sorry for the sermon. If you give me your email, I will write more. I can't give mine out on a public channel.

Eliana Hephzibah said...

BTW. Just to let you know. I found your trilogy when I was looking for fiction regarding Nimrod, since I was researching the historical Nimrod and I love historical fiction. I found your books in a google search, initially and I checked my public library and they did not have them so I requested them through interlibrary loan.

Well, I guess the librarians liked what they saw and they actually bought your whole trilogy for the library because of my request, and I was the first to check out all three copies. Both me and my husband read them and really enjoyed them.

You did such a good job putting us right there in the Babel changing of languages incident. You really communicated the actual horror and insanity of that time. We don't think about how it really was at that moment usually because we are used to a world with different languages spoken but you really captured what that would actually be like if it had never happened before.

I also liked the character Adoniram. He was enigmatic and I found myself really liking him even though he wasn't exactly a totally good guy. The scene where he seizes his moment when he comes in and sees Keren and Anna and all of them in his mother's residence is just brilliant! He was a tragic.. antihero(?) Is that the word?

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

My email is linked into my web site at www.gramcoink.com

:)

Hope you're having a great day!

Blessings,

k.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love your books Kacy. I have to admit to reading them like maybe more than 5 times. You are really talented, and anyone can see that you spent a lot of time researching your books. It is nice to read from someone that doesn't just slap something together.

I was just wondering. Are you writing any more books in the future?

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

Melanie, thanks! And, yes! I'm under contract to Bethany House Publishers, under the pen name, R. J. Larson. I'm writing an Old Testament-inspired fantasy series, BOOKS of the INFINITE. It's been an adventure!!! :D